Sunday 27 September 2015

Bags by design - new donations in the made4aid shop!

We have some great new bags, made and donated by Gill Howdle.
All proceeds to go Medécins sans Frontiéres / Doctors without Borders.

Gill says :

Coming from a long line of needlewomen (one grandmother was a tailoress and the other a milliner) I have been sewing most of my life. There have been huge gaps in that (one patchwork quilt took 30 years to finish!) while I brought up two sons and worked full time. But now in semi retirement I have turned my hand to my needle once again. The inspiration for the current range of bags came from my grandmother's button box which contained a large number of vintage buttons, some of which feature in my bags. The fabric comes from a variety of places, sometimes I'll find something in a charity shop which is crying out to be upcycled (or reincarnated!). I use a fair amount of upholstery fabrics because they are strong enough for bags. Nearly every bag is unique, occasionally I have enough fabric and additions to make two but even those will have little changes incorporated.



We're really pleased to have Gill's lovely donations in the shop - they include handbags, shoulder and cross-body bags and shopping bags, bags for life.

They are all in the bags section of the shop, here are photos of some of them:









Do have a look in the Etsy shop - these and other bags, and some other lovely handmade items and supplies.

All proceeds go to Medécins sans Frontiéres / Doctors without Borders.

No comments:

Post a Comment